About our project

In January 2014, we received the good news that we had been successful in our bid for an extension of our original project via the Jisc FE and Skills Development and Resources Programme – Embedding Activity. We will continue to use this blog to record our activities, outputs and achievements over the next months.

The aims of our Embedding project are:

- to build on the positive outcomes and outputs of our original webinar project
- highlight the key employability skills identified in webinars by the employers who took part in our original project
- produce a well structured and resourced blended learning course to teach students the skills of setting up and running a webinar as a 21st century employability skill
- continue to disseminate our project findings and offer support through Jisc Regional Support Centres to help embed webinar training for students as part of a tutorial or curriculum programme using a blended learning course.

Monday 28 January 2013

Student posts - Why I joined the Students4webES Project

The reason why I got involved in the project Students4webES was because I wanted to find out more information about webinars. I found that using a webinar is cheaper and in some ways better to do meetings instead of travelling. I want to go into business in the future and this is very important for me, as it plays a critical role. The webinar project is really fun and once you get hold of the software that you will be using it becomes easy as well.

Post by Mamps Makuku
(Students4webES student)

I joined the project because I was intrigued with what a webinar was and how it could play apart in the world of work. Since I joined I have found out that as technology advances it is a lot cheaper to run webinars than it is to send people across the world for business meetings. Also it has helped me on a personal level because I now know how to make my CV and application forms stand out to an employer and how it can help me gain employability skills. These skills are now helping me in my application for apprenticeships. I would recommend the project to other students.

Post by Aaron Scott
(Students4webES student)

No comments:

Post a Comment